Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bring on the panic attack!

So... Tyler and I were set to leave on our first big vacation tomorrow at 7:20 am to Cancun. Exciting huh? Well bring on the "blizzard" and that excitement is mulitplied! (By the way weatherman; if this is a blizzard I am NOT impressed) All I can think about it the warm sunshine and beaches. As the night goes on my phone rings and I assume it's my mom letting me know she got to Arizona safely... WRONG. The voice on the end of the phone makes my heart just sink.

 "We are regretful to inform you that your flight has been canceled"

Let the words sink in. Yep. 3...2...1. GRRRRRRRR. Then my lovely night on the phone begins and I become grateful for unlimited minutes after 7pm. I cannot believe how difficult it is to change a vacation package. Our flights got switched to Thanksgiving day and coming back a day later. However the hotel was a different story. After being on hold forever it was finally decided that my check in/out and flights did not match. Really?.. I promise I'm not a mean person and I feel bad about the person on the other end of the line.. that job has got to be frustrating.. BUT if that's the case then change my reservation!!

After a long conversation and some AWESOME hold music... new itinerary! I have to admit I am a bit disappointed that we have to wait and feeling a bit guilty that I should go to work tomorrow. I know I should try to save my PTO but.. when the husband offers to take my shopping how can I decline? I'd hate to hurt his feelings!!

Now that I'm done venting I'm ready to hit the sack. I won't be uncrossing my fingers until I am on that flight Thursday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment